SAA 2020 Annual Meeting FAQs
It is with deep regret that we must announce that the Society for American Archaeology’s Board of Directors has voted to cancel the 85th Annual Meeting in Austin this April due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak. (Read the full notice here.)
Please see our answers to the most frequently asked questions. The question form continues to be open. The FAQs were updated on March 18, 2020.
- The Hilton Austin will automatically cancel the reservations and will email notification.
- Hampton Inn has already sent out cancellations to all guests who provided emails when making their reservations.
- Holiday Inn will automatically cancel the reservations within the SAA room block.
- La Quinta cancelled all reservations within the SAA room block and issued a notification on 3/13.
- The Line emailed cancellations on Friday 3/13.
- The Embassy Suites sent out cancellations on Thurs 3/12