San Francisco is known for its scenic beauty, cultural attractions, diverse communities, and world-class cuisine!
Measuring 49 square miles, this walkable city includes landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, Alcatraz and the largest Chinatown in the United States. A stroll of the city's streets can lead from Union Square to North Beach to Fisherman's Wharf, Japantown, and the Mission District, with intriguing neighborhoods to explore at every turn. The city has a colorful past, growing from a small village to a major city nearly overnight as a result of the 1849 Gold Rush.
San Francisco is also home to world-class theatre, opera, symphony, and ballet companies and often boasts premieres of Broadway-bound plays and culture-changing performing arts. San Francisco is one of America’s greatest dining cities. The diverse cultural influences, proximity of the freshest ingredients and competitive creativity of the chefs result in unforgettable dining experiences throughout the city.
The closest airports to the Hilton Union Square are:
- San Francisco International Airport (14 miles)
- Metropolitan Oakland Airport (20 miles)
- San Jose International Airport (46 miles)
Transportation options include (prices are estimates):
- BART – BART is offering a $21 voucher for a round trip from SFO to downtown San Francisco. It can be purchased in advance.
- Taxi – $60 from San Francisco International Airport (14 miles/30 mins), $60 from Metropolitan Oakland Airport (20 miles/40 mins), $150 from San Jose Airport (46 miles/1 hour)