updated November 17, 2021
To ensure the safety of our meeting attendees, the SAA board will require all SAA 87th Annual Meeting participants, exhibitors, guests (including children 5 and older), and attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We anticipate our vendor (42chat) will accept documentation starting on February 1, 2022. This vendor will handle documentation and protect attendee privacy while ensuring that the meeting is a safe experience for those who are comfortable traveling to Chicago. All attendees will need to upload proof of their vaccination status by March 16, 2022.
Please be aware that COVID is an evolving situation, and information may change as guidance is updated.
Please see the 87th Annual Meeting FAQ for additional information.
- Submitting Proof of Vaccination—Attendees must upload their vaccine card to our third-party vendor. More information will be e-mailed to all meeting attendees. We anticipate our vendor will begin accepting proof on February 1, 2022. Please plan to have uploaded proof of your vaccination status by March 16, 2022.
- At least 14 days must have passed since your last vaccine dose to be considered fully vaccinated. Therefore, you must have received the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to March 15, 2022. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- International Attendees: The documented vaccine must be one that is approved/authorized by a relevant national medical authority. Check if your vaccine has been approved by the World Health Organization.
- More details about the vaccination requirements and updates about attending the meeting will be e-mailed with a subject line that starts with SAA87th!
The CDC does not recommend travel until you are fully vaccinated.
After March 1, 2022, you must register on-site, and on-site rates are $50 higher than advance registration rates. On-site registrants should look for the On-Site Registration desk in the Hilton Chicago lobby level. On-site registrants must provide proof of vaccination and bring a photo ID. The COVID-19 policy will apply and all registrants must be fully vaccinated before March 15, 2022 in order to attend.
Additional health care precautions
- Mask Mandate – As of November 15, 2021, the city of Chicago and the state of Illinois require everyone over the age of two to wear a mask indoors.
- General Wellness – We ask all attendees to be vigilant in monitoring their health. If you are experiencing
COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the 14 days before the meeting, please do not attend in-person.
Refunds and cancellations
Registrants may request full refunds until December 1, 2021 by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. After December 1, up until March 1, 2022 (the advance registration deadline), registrants can request a refund minus a $25 administration fee. After the advance registration deadline, the SAA does not issue any refunds except in the case of registrants who provide documentation that shows they cannot attend, such as a visa denial, governmental travel advisory or prohibition, employer travel prohibition, or medical reason. “No shows” receive no refund.
In the event an SAA annual meeting is canceled, meeting registration fees will automatically be applied to the next year’s annual meeting unless a full refund is specifically requested.