Rock Art Interest Group
The members of the Rock Art Interest Group prefer a casual, informal structure. Organizational considerations are limited to the following:
1. The RAIG will convene an annual meeting in conjunction with the SAA’s yearly conference.
2. The business meeting will be conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order.
3. Those in attendance have the authority to enact policy for the Rock Art Interest Group by virtue of majority decision.
4. A Chair-elect will be selected at each annual meeting. Candidates will be solicited by a call for nominations from the floor. Candidates will be voted on by secret ballot. The Recording Secretary will be charged with responsibility for counting the ballots and reporting to the chair for announcement of the winner. The Chair-elect assumes the position of the Chair at the conclusion of the next annual meeting after training under the current Chair for their year in the elected position. .
5. Two other positions will be filled on the basis of a call for volunteers. These two positions are those of Recording Secretary and Web Manager.
6. RAIG will sponsor at least one symposium of appropriate theme for each annual conference.
7. The Chair will be responsible for the annual Interest group report to the SAA Board as well as email communications to the membership.
Chair: Victoria Roberts <VRoberts@Shumla.org>
Chair-Elect: Jerod Roberts <JRoberts@shumla.org>
Recording Secretary: Sonia Gottesman
Web Manager: Victoria Roberts <RAIGWeb@gmail.com>