Archaeology & You is dedicated to Jerome Miller, CAE, the past Executive Director of the Society for American Archaeology, who played a central role in this booklet's preparation and publication.
The Internet version of Archaeology & You (2000) is the joint effort of the United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service and the Society for American Archaeology.
The print version of Archaeology & You (1996) was a joint effort of the United States Department of the Interior, in particular, the Bureau of Reclamation and the National Park Service; the National Geographic Society; and the Society for American Archaeology, in particular, the Public Education Committee.
George E. Stuart (National Geographic Society)
Francis P. McManamon (Archeology & Ethnography Program, NPS)
Layout & Design
Lana Leon, Everett Lindsay (the Society for American Archaeology)
Francis P. McManamon, Barbara Little, Terry Childs, David Andrews, Joe Flanagan, Matt Burns, Cheryl Coursey. (Archeology & Ethnography Program, NPS)
Teresa Cabanilla (SAA)
Deb Jensen (BLM)
Edward Friedman (Bureau of Reclamation)
Dr. Nina Versaggi (Public Archaeology Facility, SUNY-B)
Dr. William Kelso (APVA)
Bill Iseminger (Cahokia Mounds Museum Society)
Joan Morris (Florida Photographic Collection, Florida State Archives)
Lori A. Mellon (Art Conservation Center at the University of Denver)
Dr. Lu Ann De Cunzo (University of Delaware)
Dr. Clarence R. Geier (James Madison University)
US Army Corps of Engineers Digital Visual Library
Gail Brown (SAA)
Dr. Paul Shackel (University of Maryland, College Park)
State of Alaska Department of Natural Resources: Office of History and Archaeology
In addition, we would like to thank all the National Parks and Historic Sites which contributed images to this project.
Use of images from the following resources is prohibited without first obtaining permission from the source:
- State of Alaska, Department of Natural Resources, Office of History and Archaeology
- Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site
- James Madison University, Dept. of Anthropology
- Art Conservation Center at the University of Delaware
- University of Delaware, Dept. of Anthropology
- Bureau of Land Management, Anasazi Heritage Center
- Public Archaeology Facility, SUNY-Binghamton
- Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities
- University of Maryland, College Park, Dept. of Anthropology